Wednesday, December 21, 2005

The Cheer of the Holiday Season....... Revisited

After the whacko post earlier today...this is a much more solemn one. For the first time in my life, and probably undeservingly I was the central figure in someone's life.
I have two friends..a married couple..who study with me.. a quiet unassuming, twosome who are the sort that you would see in a crowd, who would smile at you..you would smile back..but then nothing..they wont demand attention..nor will they demand recollection....
I was at their place for dinner..they had invited me..for an early Christmas dinner..they told me. I was all happy...free food i thought...and was there ..a little later after the time I promised them. It was a wonderful dinner, thoughtfully cooked...bearing in mind the fact that I do not eat meat... I loved the meal...and then they prayed...well...hmmm..again nice and simple..showed me around their house..a wonderful place too.. a place that can be called "home" oh so easily...and then they did the ultimate..they thanked me for making their Christmas memorable...Hmmm..i thought it was a joke...Apparently not!!!! i had put the wife in touch with a friend of mine...who was looking for an intern..and she landed the job....i was just the medium....nothing specatacular that i did...but they were so happy...she cos she loved the job..he cos he had found a "friend.. who had helped them in need"...never have i been more embarassed by such emotional displays.. more so cos it was misplaced..they needed to thank my frd for hiring her...not me :(...
all the while i craved for the limelight..the special position in someone's life...but when it came.. i realized i am not ready for it..nor am i deserving...
a truly humbling experience indeed

May everyone in this world have a wonderful holiday season...

3 Comments:

Blogger Roman said...

I like this post!
The rest of your blog is narcissist nonsense!


Just kidding :)

Saturday, December 24, 2005 10:27:00 PM  
Blogger Hitchcock said...

hehehe....roman....nee ayya.. how are you be??when u going to india? naaku em testunnavu??? and what are u gettign for ur beloved mississippi river?? :)

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 4:20:00 PM  
Blogger Hitchcock said...

and my blog reflects waht i am..so i guess u got it right in your comment :)

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 4:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home