Thursday, December 15, 2005

Calvin :)


Dedicated to mah main man.Calvin and his side- kick Hobbes.... Man ...the whole collection is just priceless...These books have put me to bed countless times...and always with a smile on my stupid face...are they for real peopl?? you bet they are.. it is an artist's wonderful interpretation of the real world....the joys..the sorrows....the pure enthusiasm..unbridled, uncontrolled...and most of all..the happy ending!!!..
when i was a kid..it didnt make sense to me as to why everything ended happy.....for a while i thought it was cos people had so much sorrow in their lives that they wanted to read joyful stuff..
i now like to think.that things are meant to end happy..gives me more peace..and something to look forward to...
the strip on the right is one of my faves....and it applies to my life...no..i dont enjoythe company of tigers..i just like to be by myself..than with others..i believe that having others makes u dependent on them eventually..and leads to hurt and confusion and contortions..my relationship status did i hear...yeah ..u know the answer :)
one of earliest memories..as a kid..was that of a new telephone in the house.. someone called for my mom..and asked they could speak with her..i said sure...and cut the phone...my mom thought that i was dumb.., and i did too ...for a long time..till i saw this :)))))..yo ma..me not all alone after all in this world.

one of the best strips..is calvin banging on a coffee table...damn..cant find it anywhere.....i did too...find it right below.





theres a couple more i love...one is his transmogrifier...and another is calvinball..though it is not as popular as his transmogrifier...calvinball remains close to me..cos i remember playing some weird games when i was young..one was playing a mix of hockey..and tennis....with a cricket bat....hmmm...thats all i remember abt it...but i remember me and a best friend of mine had loads of fun...those were the good times..hmmmm...
calvinball..also is a reflection of myself..in the fact that i am a non-conformist..other than the rules that i make myself....to those i am truthful and abide wonderfully :).... i also obey the rules of the road..have seen some wonderful friends make stupid mistakes when they drive :(
Bill Watterson is one heck of a guy...all those countless stressed faces that become de-stressed in one strip..woww..i wish i had a talent like that..but...then each has his own....mine is finding my way around most issues....other than the road...make it my way :)))).another Calvin Special.. look below :))))))

As a kid....read 10th grade...i was a skinny kid.. who had a witty (in my opinion) tongue. but no strong body to match the trouble it got me into..there were a couple of guys....ro***. grumble..grumble..who let me have it a lot :)). to those i owe this..this is what i think of you.

i hate BULLIES!!!!!! try fighting me now... i still dont have the physical prowess...blame it on the genes..but i have the guile now to temper down my witty comments...to prevent it coming down to blows :)))..with age man gets WISER..True true !!!!!!

A mans best friend is a book...if that book is a Calvin and Hobbes...then i dont even need a babe ever man :))))) and no friend either...

Disclaimer: All my dear friends..cannot do without you...the whole thing is just an artistic renidition by my brain :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Roman said...

Ok...dude...that didnt take too long. I just finsihed reading all the posts...and I am commenting on this one cuz my guess is ro*** is for rohit.
But which one?
And stop writing in such encrypted manner anurag!!!! :P

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 12:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home